Dr. Helen Abramowicz Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Helen Abramowicz?

Caring and Skilled Doctor

Posted on August 2nd, 2012

I have been seeing Dr.Abramowicz for almost 2 years now. My depression was so severe that both my family and work were suffering. Dr. Abramowicz listened to my concerns with genuine understanding. She gave me honest and helpful information for treatment so that I could learn to deal with my issues. Her advice and guidance helped change my life around in a very positive way. I have learned to relax and am now moving forward in my life and enjoying my family. I highly recommend this doctor.

Lifesaver

Posted on July 29th, 2012

I saw Dr. A. 15 years ago for a deeply troubling personal situation involving my teenage daughter. I found her to be extremely wise, knowledgeable and compassionate. She grasped the situation with great sensitivity, and offered very sound advice which helped me immeasurably. Since then, I have referred many friends and family members to her, and they have always thanked me for sending them to such a wise and caring doctor. I would recommend her without reservation to anyone.

Don't go by her reputation...

Posted on October 28th, 2009

As a veterinarian in training , I pray I never cause as much damage to a patient as Dr. Abmramowicz did to me. I saw her many years ago as an older adolescent. Her misjudgment and lack of common sense were quite shocking in restrospect so I just warn you to be very careful if you have a child who needs help. Don't make the same mistake my parents did. Don't be so quick to trust "experts" like this, whether or not they're on lists of top doctors and what not. Keep your eyes open. This woman misdiagnosed me, used extremely inappropriate and dangerous medication (Haldol, while I had nothing resembling psychosis of any sort), and was otherwise wildly irresponsible and careless with major treatment decisions, which I am truly lucky to have recovered from (most significantly, an unnecessary, damaging and stigmatizing hospitalization based on her misdiagnosis). I remember that she couldn't understand how I could walk down the street on a sunny day and feel depressed. In my opinion, a clinician who is this clueless about depression has no business being in the mental health profession. Thank god I was able to find people later on who were able to help me appropriately. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger I suppose.

Posted on April 30th, 2015