More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helen A Atienza has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 6
I've taken my children to this office now for another year to many. The staff are well at what they do yet, the attentiveness that one expects from a doctor is not there. The system is always down, the fax machine never works, and you are made to feel like your another dime on the cattle ranch. There is no way you can get out concerns over your child's health because she spends no more than 5 mins in the room. I'm actually embrassed that I stayed that long. time to move on.
I've been taking my son to her for many years, and if his insurance covered another Doctor he wouldnt be going in there. The staff are all ghetto, they're very rude. The waiting room is always mobbed and it takes forever to get in. It's dirty in the waiting room. Dr. Atienza comes in the room, says hi mommy!! In a real child like way, takes two seconds to look at my son then writes a script and sends me on my way. I try to tell her about his symptoms she doesnt listen. She never noticed he had autism, or that his development wasn't right. He's my first and when I was expressing my concern she wanted out of the room asap. I'm fighting the state now to switch doctors.
Jersey Shore Medical Center
Dr. Helen A Atienza accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeptune Pediatrics, 1812 State Route 33, Neptune, NJ
Dr. Helen A Atienza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Neptune, NJ.