Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helen E Brown has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 14
I am a patient of Dr. Brown's. A new patient of hers, but when I lived in this state before, I always used the Women's Clinic. I have two beautiful boys that they helped bring into this World. I saw Dr. Brown for a very very heavy period problem. I don't plan to have more children, so I opted for the ablaision. (Pardon me if this medical jargon is not spelled correctly.) I was also having problems that my regular family Doctor didn't seem to care about. I spoke with Dr. Brown about my concerns, she had bloodwork done, and she found my problem. She retested my blood just to be double sure. Everything has been taken care of...and I confided in Dr. Brown my fear of anesthesia. Not only did she do a wonderful job with my proceedure, but the last thing I remember is her holding my hand before I fell asleep. The World needs more Doctors with Dr. Brown's bedside manner. I am so grateful to be a patient of hers. All the other staff is great, but I'm thrilled and just tickled that I can call Dr. Brown "My Doctor". Her making the kind gesture of just holding a grown woman's hand who was scared to death speaks volumes of her character. :)
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Helen E Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMedical Group of The Carolinas, 475 Heywood Ave, Spartanburg, SC
Dr. Helen E Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spartanburg, SC.