Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helen Feng has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Helen Feng has the following 8 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Helen Feng has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Helen Feng is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I realize that my feedback is the only negative one, but I have to tell of my experience. I met Dr Feng some months ago. First visit - Thrilled with the experience. I liked her a lot. Then she wrote my prescriptions. I asked her to send them to my locco pharmacy. She refused. Instead she called them into a pharmacy in Cucamonga. The meds were supposed to be mailed to me. The pharmacy called and was charging me for each prescription though I have insurance that covers everything. I contacted my insurance and they asked that she works with the locco pharmacy. She did, however the insurance asked for pre authorisation. It's a simple standard procedure. Dr Feng refused to give it. Said it was a waste of time and paper. My insurance called her office. It was a 3 way call. She still refused, but after much pressure from insurance she gave the PA. This was for the medicine itself, Methatrexate. The same thing was needed for the syringes. This time DR Feng did not bend. I made so many phone calls and trips to pharmacy, I lost count. She simply refused to give PA. Her argument - Insurance will not approve it anyway so why bother? Insurance told her with me on the phone - We will, just do it. She still didn't. I regret to say that as nice as she was in person, and knowledgeable, she was not willing to help me. She did not act in my best interest because I insisted she works with my locco pharmacy. Perhaps she has some special arrangements with the pharmacy downsouth. I don't know. I filed a complained against DR Feng with my insurance and I am now looking for another dr. I had never before met a dr who refused to give me PA while it costs them nothing but doing some paperwork. Too bad -- I really liked her. I didn't mind giving my name. She knows it's all true.
This Dr. was condescending and rude. Her office staff is horrendous. After receiving several IV infusions for RA I was still experiencing pain, stiffness but was starting to see an improvement in other areas. She interrupted me, made comments about my appearance, prescribed more immune depressant medication even though I was already dealing with a bacterial infection and a fungal infection. When I told her I still hurt she asked me if I was on a anti-depressant. In prescribing one medication I had had difficulty with before (not that she knew that.. she interrupted me again) she had a preconceived idea of me and didn't take the time to see what was really going on.
Every time I call them, in 90% probability the front desk does not answer. Even you leave a message, she does not reply. One time, I just wanted to check if the doctor had received my blood tests result, she was unable to help me. I guess the front desk is a relative of the doctor's. Her working attitude is NOT good.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Helen Feng accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBay Area Arthritis Care, 2242 Camden Ave Ste 203, San Jose, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Helen Feng in this video.
Dr. Helen Feng is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Jose, CA.