Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helen C Gettle has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
Showing 2 of 2
My primary recommended I see Dr.Gettle as I've been having pain in my lower right pelvic area for over a year. Let me just say I found her to be somewhat abrupt, I had the feeling that she wasn't really listening to me, and she made me feel like it's all in my head. She did do a quick pelvic, took a couple of swabs and that was it, now as much as I detest those kinds of exams it seemed to me as if she felt she was being put upon and just wanted to get me in and out of her exam room a.s.a.p., to top it all off she told me she thinks my problem is probably fibromyalgia(I looked up the symptoms, none of them match mine), and that she would get in touch with my primary regarding her diagnosis. This was on 4/13/2015 it is now the 17th and so far she hasn't gotten in touch. All in all I would not recommend Dr. Gettle. As stated above she made me feel like she'd much rather be somewhere else and couldn't wait to get me out of her office. The only bright note was that her staff was very friendly and personable.
If all of the wrongs of healthcare in America could be summarized in 1 person, it would be Dr. Gettle. 1) her medical knowledge is sub-par, not at all up-to-date, and generally not very well informed. If you have any medical training at all, you'll find it either hilarious, or pathetic. 2) Her bedside manner is atrocious. She assumes intellectual superiority over her patients, is condescending, and is, at times, outright insulting. I find this odd, considering she works in virginia mn - not exactly the destination of the best and birghtest MDs. (no offense virginians). 3) She is incredibly dishonest in her billing practices. She double-charged me for a procedure she did once, and then charged me for more tests that we both agreed not to do. all in all it was $500 for a pap smear. just try arguing that with billing - it's your word against theirs. so, to sum up, Gettle is medically incompetent and morally bankrupt - and makes a living screwing you over.
Dr. Gettle is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Helen C Gettle accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Regional Medical Center, 901 9th St N, Virginia, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Helen C Gettle in this video.
Dr. Helen C Gettle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Virginia, MN.