Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helen H Chen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Helen H Chen has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Helen H Chen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
My experience with Dr. Helen Chen is one of the worst I have had. I do not recommend her to female young adults or teenagers. She was sweet until I began to ask about contraception as well as annual sexual transmitted infection testing to inform myself. Her personality changed 180 degrees as soon as she found out I was sexually active at 22. She instantly became cold and curt. I switched providers as soon as I walked out the door and vowed to never see her again. Dr. Chen made me feel unwelcome and extremely uncomfortable. As a physician you should be biased and unprofessional. She was neither. Terrible bedside manner. She was also in an obvious rush to leave the entire appointment. For my annual physical she simply asked me questions about my health. When you receive a physical you should get a lung exam, vital points exam, heart exam, abdominal exam, and neurological exam. I did not receive any of the aforementioned procedures. She is not thorough or diligent.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Chen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore Lij Medical Group, 13617 39th Ave Ste Cf, Flushing, NY
Dr. Helen H Chen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flushing, NY.