Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helen M Horstmann has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Equinus Deformity
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Postpoliomyelitis Syndrome
- Hammer Toe Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Foot Deformities
- Tendon Transfer
- Knee Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
First of all, our relationship with Dr Horstmann began approximately 30 Years ago, when my oldest child was born with no hip sockets. We had just moved from the Philadelphia area to northwestern NJ, when our pediatrician diagnosed Molly's hip problem. I drove every week, then every other week, and so on, to Children's Hospital in Philadelphia with Molly lying the back seat in traction, over a 3 year period. Molly and another little girl were the first to be able to be in traction at home....It was both exhausting and draining. Dr Horstmann always treated me with respect and kindness, and always kept me informed regarding every decision that was made. She gave me articles to educate me and was very patient with all of our questions and concerns..... Thanks to Dr. Horstmann, what could have been a lifetime of joint problems for our daughter instead resulted in a lifetime free of arthritis pain (so far!). But who knows what the future will bring..... Dr. Horstmann, as well as her staff (her assistant, the nurse (Nancy), and another assistant (Joe), and the x-ray techs were so helpful, thoughtful, and kind.......Dr Horstmann is a brilliant Orthopedic Surgeon....
Dr. Horstmann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1972
A I Dupont Hospital For Children
Dr. Helen M Horstmann accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Hospital Of Philadelphia, 500 W Butler Ave, Chalfont, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Helen M Horstmann in this video.
Dr. Helen M Horstmann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chalfont, PA.