Helen Horstmann Is this you?

6 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Helen Horstmann?

No hip sockets (Molly)

Posted on April 22nd, 2015

First of all, our relationship with Dr Horstmann began approximately 30 Years ago, when my oldest child was born with no hip sockets. We had just moved from the Philadelphia area to northwestern NJ, when our pediatrician diagnosed Molly's hip problem. I drove every week, then every other week, and so on, to Children's Hospital in Philadelphia with Molly lying the back seat in traction, over a 3 year period. Molly and another little girl were the first to be able to be in traction at home....It was both exhausting and draining. Dr Horstmann always treated me with respect and kindness, and always kept me informed regarding every decision that was made. She gave me articles to educate me and was very patient with all of our questions and concerns..... Thanks to Dr. Horstmann, what could have been a lifetime of joint problems for our daughter instead resulted in a lifetime free of arthritis pain (so far!). But who knows what the future will bring..... Dr. Horstmann, as well as her staff (her assistant, the nurse (Nancy), and another assistant (Joe), and the x-ray techs were so helpful, thoughtful, and kind.......Dr Horstmann is a brilliant Orthopedic Surgeon....

Posted on July 31st, 2017