Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helen A John-Kelly has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
Showing 5 of 10
First off waited one hour in the room for her. She changed my baby's feeding plan and formula to help him gain weight instead of listening to me and working with me from what I know about my baby. Her plan made his reflux worse and he screamed and cried and writhed through feedings. After one meeting and one failed attempt she's left feeding him up to me and my discretion "mom knows best" - I wish this attitude was more present on the day he got his new feeding schedule !!! She ordered a scope test and probably another dye test to see what's going on with him. I don't know what to do with her except to be more assertive-
6 years ago my son was extremely ill. He was losing weight and malnourished. We spent months back and forth with the doctors trying to figured what was the issue. Finally my pediatrician sent us to DuPont. My son was luck enough to get dr. John-Kelly as his dr. We walked in and she looked at the labs and my son and said your son has Crohn's disease. A week later she confirmed it with further testing. Immediately she started him on some pills, when his levels didn't change after a few months she placed him on remicaid iv. 6 years later Brandon is strong as ever. Going into 9 th grade and playing ice hockey at almost 6 feet tall. She is an amazing woman who saved my sons life. DuPont was sorry to lose her but California inherited and fantastic gastro dr.. I would trust her with my life.
I did not have the chance to meet with her but talking over the phone forced me to write this review. Very inflexible,don't care about patients needs and is not willing to accept responsibility of older diagnosis by other physicians,gave a totally personal not professional note to the following physicians,knowing we are moving out of the area and would like to delay the screening tests.
12 Years Experience
Madras Medical College
Graduated in 2006
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Helen A John-Kelly accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHelen A John-Kelly Md, 5333 Hollister Ave Ste 250, Santa Barbara, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Helen A John-Kelly in this video.
Dr. Helen A John-Kelly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.