Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helen C Mabry has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Noninfiltrating Intraductal Carcinoma
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Breast Cancer
Showing 5 of 22
I interviewed a number of surgeons to perform my breast cancer surgery before finding the surgeon I was looking for in Dr. Helen Mabry. Now more than five years out from my cancer, I am deeply grateful for her knowledge, skill and the exceptional care and concern that she shows her patients. I now travel out of state for annual checkups in order to continue my care with her.
Highly competent surgeon. She was strongly recommended by my doctor, and she provided clear explanations to me and my family about my breast cancer and my options. She has a truly wonderful bedside manner and was always accessible, via telephone and email. I interviewed multiple surgeons prior to undergoing breast cancer surgery and could not be more pleased with my choice and the favorable outcome. I would highly recommend her to any woman confronted with a diagnosis of breast cancer.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2010, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
20 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Helen C Mabry accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPrestige Health Services Plc, 5400 Fort St Ste 230, Trenton, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Helen C Mabry in this video.
Dr. Helen C Mabry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Trenton, MI.