Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Helen E Matthews
Dr. Helen E Matthews, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Ramon, CA. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Matthews is affiliated with San Ramon Regional Medical Center and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Helen E Matthews has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Uterine Cervical Dysplasia
- Ovarian Cysts
- Birth Control
- Inflammation of the Vulva and Vagina (Vulvovaginitis)
- Menstrual Pain
- Adolescent Medicine
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Infectious Disease
- Child Birth
- Preventive Medicine
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Her office has only one staff performing the job of receptionist and medical assistant. When you call her office, most of the time, it's only recorded message and when I left a message, it was never returned. It is very seldom that you will be fortunate enough to get her on the phone personally and talk to her.
The most disappointing part is the office or doctor doesn't verify with the insurance and tell you about the costs. You get an outrageous bill later! The insurance tells you that no one called to verify. The insurance tells you that it's the doctor's responsibility to tell you the cost and what insurance will cover. Then the patient can decide what to do. Not the other way around when you get a bill!
Worst experience ever, terrible bedside manner, would rather deliver a baby on my own than go back to her.
I saw Dr. Matthews for the birth of my second child, and she was excellent. She thoroughly asked how I felt, examined me, was kind to my child who came to my appointments with me. She called me at home, personally sorted out billing issues and was very attentive in the hospital. Excellent experience.The only complaint I had was with her office. If I had an afternoon appointment, I had to wait at least 40 minutes to see her. If I made an appointment first thing, I saw her right away. Her staff was wonderful, but the office she shared with another dr. had some rude staff.She has since left her office (in Hayward), which I applaud, but I have no idea where to find her, and the staff that is left, won't give me any information on her. I need to find my records! If you're able to see her though...you won't regret it.
Dr. Matthews is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Helen E Matthews accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHelen E Matthews Md, 1081 Market Pl Ste 500, San Ramon, CA
Dr. Helen E Matthews is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Ramon, CA.