Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helen Stosel has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Helen Stosel has the following 19 expertise
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Lipid Disorders
- Addison Disease
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Pituitary Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Helen Stosel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Stosel has been my doctor for a year now. She is the most caring, thorough doctor I have ever had. She spends time listening to my concerns and explains everything in detail. The office is busy but the staff is always friendly and I never feel rushed. I would highly recommend. Doctor Stosel in my opinion is the very best. There is about a 20 minute wait, which is not bad compared with other offices and she apologizes and makes me feel like she values my time. Her office manager Shelley is extremely helpful.
I first have to say that I have a great amount of respect for Dr. Stosel. She is professional, courteous and is very thorough. For her staff, they are very slow to respond to voicemails, they don't document things correctly and really make it a challenge to book appointments. Due to the incompetence of her staff, I will no longer be going to Dr. Stosel. It is a shame because I really like Dr. Stosel. If you change your staff, I would definitely come back.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
30 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Helen Stosel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsHelen Stosel Md Inc, 25982 Pala Ste 140, Mission Viejo, CA
Dr. Helen Stosel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Viejo, CA.