The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helena R Chang has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Helena R Chang has the following 5 expertise
- Clinical Research
- Breast Diseases
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
Showing 5 of 18
I feel like this isn't even the same doctor most of the other reviewers are talking about. Dr. Chang has been amazing with me. Having been diagnosed with Stage II Breast Cancer, my family and I were a little freaked out. My 18 year-old daughter and husband joined me on my visit with Dr. Chang for a second opinion. The first opinion doctor didn't even come close to comparing to the level of knowledge, professionalism and courtesy to the patient as Dr. Chang. She very thoroughly explained my situation, including pathology reports, x-rays and offered her recommendations. She spoke with us in laymen's terms, but not as if we were morons. She did not rush us and I was made to feel as if my issue was of utmost importance to her.... even though I'm sure I was 1 of dozens with the same issue that week. We left feeling confident that I would be in good hands, and indeed I have been. I would highly recommend Dr. Chang to anyone and I know without hesitation.
37 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUcla Medical Center, 200 Ucla Medical Plz, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Helena R Chang in this video.
Dr. Helena R Chang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.