Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Helene Bender
Dr. Helene Bender, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bender is affiliated with UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside, Forbes Regional Hospital and UPMC Shadyside Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Helene Bender has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Bender is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Forbes Regional Hospital
UPMC Shadyside Hospital
Childrens Hosp Of Pittsburgh Of Upmc
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
UPMC South Side
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
The Western Pennsylvania Hospital Forbes Regional
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
37 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Helene Bender accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Associates Inc, 5200 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Helene Bender is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.