Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Helene M Koch has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Weight Loss
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
Showing 5 of 42
I have been a patient of Dr. Koch's for years. At times I thought her bedside manner might be a little abrupt, but over the years I have grown to appreciate her down to business ways. She is the most thorough dr. that I have ever been to and not just for a pap but for my overall health and well-being. She shows genuine concern, she listens, she is compassionate. I feel she goes above and beyond. I basically don't even need a physical because her office takes care of everything. I have been to many doctors in various fields for all sorts of reasons, but she is by far the best among them in my opinion. She is good at what she does, she knows her profession inside and out, and she is confident in her diagnosis, however, if there is an issue with getting better at all she is right on top of it. She is someone who takes pride in curing a patient rather then thinking that it's the patient's fault for not getting better - which many I learned act in that manner and certainly make it known.
Dr. Koch is very knowledgeable and very thorough. If I suspect I have an issue, but am not positive, she will order a million different tests for me to put my mind at ease. She takes my concerns very serious, yet is still hilarious. She has great DIY solutions in the meantime of waiting for your results to come back. Yes, the wait to see her is very long and the office is pretty small, but she knows what she's doing and doesn't spend time worrying about petty things, like nice decorations or using huge medical terms you probably wouldn't understand anyway. I really do not like the PhilaU interns, though. The one man was fantastic, but the other girl barged in, in the middle of me telling very personal details of my sexual history, and kicked him out so she could take over. I had to start all over from the beginning and she kept telling me I was wrong about petty things and kept cutting me off while I told her my symptoms to tell me it's because I smoke. She was diagnosing me before I got a chance to finish my sentence and it turns out I have a thyroid issue! She was extremely judgmental for the fact that I drink very little and smoke, which a doctor should never be. She also kept cutting me off to tell me stories about her life, meanwhile I'm in severe pain and honestly could not have cared less.
I have been going to Dr Helene for over 15 years and would not leave her if I was not moving out of state. She literally saved my life and diagnosed cancer that would most likely have gone on undetected, until it was way too late. She is very proactive, very thorough and takes patients of ALL ages. Yes, you may have to wait longer than you would like for your appointment but you will get the best exam, once she sees you. Also, she is extremely dedicated and all her information is state of the art. To boot, she is truly one of the funniest women I have ever met in my life. She is a little workaholic and I love her. Do not listen to these other prophets of doom who have condemned her. If you want the best, Dr Koch is the best.
The customer service is horrendous. It has been weeks since I had tests done, but the doctor has yet to analyze my results. She claims that she received the results 10 days ago, but has not had time to look at them. 10 days is unacceptable. If I had some life-threatening illness, I'd be dead by now.
28 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Helene M Koch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsHelene M Koch Do, 25 Bala Ave Ste 205, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Dr. Helene M Koch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bala Cynwyd, PA.