Dr. Hema Salvady Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hema Salvady?

Horrible bedside manor

Posted on February 5th, 2017

Was very cold and showed no interest in what I was showing and talking about. She would cut me off and talk over me. Basically shutting me up. Made me feel like I'm wasting my time and more importantly hers!! That's not how it should go at all. Talking into a computer screen and not talking to me was also unprofessional. She wants me to come in so she can read my blood results... lol for what? So I can listen and watch her look at her screen and bill insurance a visit? Umm yea. No thank you

On the mend!

Posted on May 4th, 2016

I've had autoimmune issues since I was in Junior High (31 years old now). I've never been able to get a definitive diagnosis from any doctor aside from Raynaud's Syndrome. Over the past few years, my pain has been slowly increasing and my mobility slowly decreasing. Other doctors tried infusions and Methotrexate, which only added nausea to the pain. After two visits with Dr. Salvady (who also treats my grandmother and great-aunt), I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Lupus, and was put on new medications. I feel better now than I have in the past 5 years. I didn't feel like she was rushing through either appointment; she just gets to the point and has a no-nonsense demeanor. And in response to a review above complaining about her "wan" handshake, you have to remember that she deals with many people who have issues like arthritis and fibromyalgia; she's not going to man-handle her patients, so her gentle handshake is a courtesy. I feel like she explained the nature of my disease and the rationale behind the medications most thoroughly. She even gave me extra material to read up on the diagnosis and medication. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking for a doctor.

Stay away from this doctor

Posted on August 7th, 2012

I went to see Dr. Salvady at the beginning of my illness. I was lost and confused and did not know what was going on. I was a 33 year old healthy restaurant manager and single mother of three. I was very healthy and on top to things. In a matter of a couple months my health declined to the point to where I was not able to even walk down my stairs.She diagnosed me with Ankylosing Spondylitis and had me take three Remicade infusions. She told me that if these did not work there were other medicines. (Enbrel) She had told me to go to physical therapy but I was too sick to go. I could not even get out of bed. When I made my next appointment she was critical of me not following her instructions. I told her my issues of being sick. She then told me that was what pain medicine was for and to take a couple extra if needed. She stopped my Remicade infusions and when I asked her about trying the other medicine she said I didn't need it. If the Remicade didn't work the Enbril wouldn't work either. That I obviously didn't have the Ankylosing Spondytis. I was really confused. I then told her my hands were hurting and swollen she told me that there were not any issues because she would have seen them on my hand X-rays. I told her there were never any X-rays done. She argued with me, then went through the charts again and saw there wasn't any X-rays there. I did get the X-rays done and she wrote on my X-ray I had a mild case of arthritis. This was only 6 months after I began getting sick. And to have slight or any changes that quickly was not even considered. She constantly made me feel like she did not know what patient she was talking to. She seemed confused about me even with the charts in her hand. She was rude, and uncaring when I would express all the issues I was having. The last time I saw her, she did say she was going to fill out my disability papers due to the fact that she had not diagnosed me and needed more time.I went home to find out from my insurance company that she had wrote I was healthy and could go back to work. When I called to find out why, her nurse told me the doctor told her that I was fine and could go back to work part-time.I was very angry. I do not know how a doctor can tell me to my face one thing then hide behind her nurse saying another.My sister went with me to every appointment. If it wasn't for her I would have thought I was losing my mind. But she too saw how confused the doctor seemed to be. And her and I both thought I should get a second opinion. Which I did. Following all this, I went to another Rheumatologist and was diagnosed with Ankylosing Sponyilitis, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Hypothyroidism, Hypertension, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Gerd, DDD and DDJ (Degenerative Disc and Joint Disease), and Osteoarthritis. The kicker of all this is with JUST the blood work and MRI records that I received from Dr. Salvady the new Rheumatologist I went to was able to see what was going on and diagnose me. And with the same information I was able to get Social Security Disability in only four months! This has led me to believe me that this Dr. Hema Salvady is incompetent of doing the work she does as a doctor. She has no bedside manner. She is uncaring. And I would never recommend her to anyone.

Not such a great doc

Posted on May 30th, 2012

She offers a wan little handshake then spends a lot of the time not looking at you. She spouts very basic information that is largely not helpful. We'll see how the long-term care is. If I hadn't seen her already, I'd look for someone else.

Dr. Salvady is the best!

Posted on May 28th, 2010

I had been to a few Rheumatologist where it seemed that time was always rushed.I started going to Dr. Salvady when I moved here to Texas. She is the worlds best doctor, with her wonderful bedside manners and she actually cares about how I feel. She has taken extremly good care of me and I would recommend her to anyone whos looking for a great doctor.You will not be disappointed with her service.Take Care!P.S. My Doc ROCKS!!!!!!! :)

Posted on September 23rd, 2017