Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hemalatha M Mukhara
Dr. Hemalatha M Mukhara, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Manassas, VA, with other offices in Ashburn, VA and Manassas, VA . Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. She speaks English.
Dr. Hemalatha M Mukhara has 3 locations
8644 Sudley Rd Ste 315
Manassas, VA 20110
21001 Sycolin Rd Ste 360
Ashburn, VA 20147
8644 Sudley Rd Ste 315
Manassas, VA 20110
Book Online Now
Dr. Hemalatha M Mukhara has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Hemalatha M Mukhara has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
Showing 5 of 23
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hemalatha M Mukhara - Posted on April 14th, 2018
Highly recommended by friends in the area. Good care overall. Long wait to get an initial appointment.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hemalatha M Mukhara - Posted on January 16th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hemalatha M Mukhara - Posted on September 24th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hemalatha M Mukhara - Posted on September 22nd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hemalatha M Mukhara - Posted on September 13th, 2016
Dr. Hemalatha M Mukhara Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Hemalatha M Mukhara is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Manassas, VA.