Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hemalatha Sabapathy
Dr. Hemalatha Sabapathy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY, with other offices in Hauppauge, NY and Ridgewood, NY (and 2 other locations). She has 42 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Sabapathy is affiliated with North Shore Univ Hosp At Glen Cove, North Shore University Hospital and North Shore Univ Hosp At Plainview. She speaks English.
Dr. Hemalatha Sabapathy has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
Lovely doctor...If you need assurance or just somebody who knows what she is doing then this is the doctor or place to be....trust me...you are in the right hands...smile!!.She delivered both my kids and would trust her with my life...Lovely...a breath of fresh air..Calm and collected..She cares abut her profession and is very committed to her profession...I would recommend her to anybody and I have recommended her....Lovely doctor!!!
Very very knowledgeable and explanatory. Takes health seriously
I wish I could give her 0 stars instead of 1 star. She is the WORST DOCTOR IN THE HISTORY. She is so rude to the patients. I had to wait more than hour and half. Everyone who came after me got called in and it wasn't even emergency for them. She just had to tell me the lab results for that I end up waiting for so long, more than 1 hr. When they finally called my name after I complained she didn't even apologize or show eye contact. She went through my chart quickly didn't even last 5 min saying its normal thats it. For that she made me wait more than 1 hr and even top of that very rude. This was my last appointment to her she doesn't deserve any patients. I don't know which medical school she went to but she needs a class to learn how to behave with patients and not be rude to patients and not make them wait for so long for no apparent reason. Just because you are a doctor doesn't mean us patients don't have lives. I just lost my respect for her. Never ever again I will see her again and I am sure she doesn't care since she will retire soon and live off her retirement money.
very commercial doc. gave urine for pregnancy test and they did not even check. it was taken just to bill the insurance company. cause as soon as she walked into the room she asked why i was there to see her. did not do any pelvic exam or anything. do not waste your time. waited 75 mins to see her and spent 5 mins to explain things as if its my 1st pregnancy. she did not read the chart to see i already have a kid. i had to tell her. staff are very inexperienced. don't waste your time please find someone else.
Dr. Sabapathy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Shore Univ Hosp At Glen Cove
North Shore University Hospital
North Shore Univ Hosp At Plainview
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills
North Shore University Hospital At Syosset
Catholic Medical Center Of Mary Immaculate Hospita
North Shore Univ at Manhasset
42 Years Experience
Goa Medical College
Graduated in 1971
Catholic Medical Center Of Brooklyn & Queens
Dr. Hemalatha Sabapathy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Hemalatha Sabapathy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.