Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hemamalini Pilla has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Breast Exam
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
If you are pregnant for the first time and don't know what to expect during your pregnancy and you are eager to know everything about it, Dr. Pilla is NOT the best choice for you. I was newly pregnant and eager to know everything about signs symptoms, what and not to do during my pregnancy, Dr. Pilla, gave me very little of her time, and gave me a bunch of brochures and information for me to read, I asked her if I need to continue with my normal workout routine (which was very hard, I work out an hour daily) and she said to continue with my workout until my 7 month pregnancy that was ok. I lost my baby my baby came early, I believe with all of my heart if was because of the heavy stress I had put my body through my pregnancy, Dr. Pilla never asked me how hard and for how long I worked out daily, she simply gave me a bunch of information not related to what I could consider helpful to me personally. I had the worst year of my life during the lost of my baby, I'm happily pregnant again, and my current Dr. not only gives me the time I deserve but also strictly said NO HEAVY work out at all, so for whoever is trying to find a good Dr. to help you during your pregnancy I will say go and look for someone else besides this Dr.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Hemamalini Pilla accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUTMB Galveston (John Sealy), 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX
Dr. Hemamalini Pilla is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Galveston, TX.