Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hemant T Thawani MD
Dr. Hemant T Thawani has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hemant T Thawani has the following 16 expertise
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Lipid Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Dr. Hemant T Thawani is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
A Real Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hemant T Thawani - Posted on December 30th, 2018
Caring doctor and Theral
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hemant T Thawani - Posted on October 6th, 2018
Not the best personality
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hemant T Thawani - Posted on September 12th, 2017
He wasn't very interested in listening to much detail. Didn't explain his statements. Didn't show any sympathy. I didn't feel very "heard". Left depressed and disappointed as I was waiting for this appointment for months and he literally said, "Don't think you come to the Endocrinologist and everything will be better!"
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hemant T Thawani - Posted on November 23rd, 2016
Awesome doctor and staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hemant T Thawani - Posted on March 18th, 2016
This wonderful doctor saved my husbands life. He is such a caring doctor and so is his PA. His staff is always sweet and caring also. I know sometimes he is running late seeing patients but i do not care. I would wait as long as it takes because he is awesome..He takes care of more than just his thyroid disease he takes care of his well being which means a lot. We recommend him to everyone..Don't know what we would do without him..
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2018, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018, 2015, 2012, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Thawani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. Hemant T Thawani Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHEMANT T THAWANI MD FACP, 9450 S Saginaw Rd Ste G, Grand Blanc, MI
Dr. Hemant T Thawani is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Grand Blanc, MI.