Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Henry A Allen MD
Dr. Henry A Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Middletown, CT, with other offices in New Milford, CT and Milford, CT . He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. Henry A Allen has 3 locations
146 Danbury Rd
New Milford, CT 06776
949 Bridgeport Ave
Milford, CT 06460
Book Online Now
Dr. Henry A Allen has the following 4 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Henry A Allen has the following 12 expertise
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Henry A Allen - Posted on November 4th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Henry A Allen - Posted on June 28th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
45 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Henry A Allen Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Henry A Allen's office for more information.
915 River Rd Middletown, CT : (860) 704-4000
146 Danbury Rd New Milford, CT 06776
949 Bridgeport Ave Milford, CT 06460
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Henry A Allen, MD - Adolescent Medicine in Middletown, CT, in this video.
Dr. Henry A Allen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Middletown, CT.