Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please contact us if you have any additional information.

2.3

Neutral

This man is a terrible doctor. Avoid him at all costs.

Dr. Drinker performed surgery on me (his 'pioneeering' ligament replacement surgery) in 1989. I consented because Dr. Drinker told me I'd be crippled without it. Well, ever since then, I HAVE been crippled. This man also tried to tell me I'd get no painkillers after the surgery on a weight-bearing joint because he was "worried about addiction" and then he told me Medicaid wouldn't pay for physical therapy so I should just "walk it off." If there is one decision I could retract and do over in my life, it would be the surgery he recommended. I was a human guinea pig and he was a consummate jerk. Because of him my mobility is compromised. His arrogance and lack of care affected every aspect of my life.

No follow-up or recommendation of physical therapy; arrogant manner.

Knee Replacement Victim

I wish I'd read these review BEFORE seeing this man for my knee replacement surgery. Lack of bedside manner is an understatement! Arrogant is about as good an adjective as any. Joint replacement got infected and resulted in second surgery -- since hospital infection rating was excellent, can't help but think it's the doctor's fault. He seemed totally unconcerned about what happened - I think looking at another fee for the second surgery. My local nurse thinks I have a good malpractice suit - we'll see. Absolutely rude. His nurse was ready to remove staples/sutures when they weren't ready - I had to tell her that! She asked me what I wanted done while I was in there-isn't SHE supposed to know??? Only good news I've heard is that Dr Drinker is retiring this year.

patient

He spend 5 minutes with me. Filled out a therapy form. Did not explain in any way what my problem was. I went there from an mri that said I had a torn rotator cuff. The therepy form said bursitis and tendonytis. Nothing was explained and I was given no time to ask questions. He has no knowledge of my Prednisone use for COPD that I am on in large amounts during the year. I wanted to ask what effect that had if any. He walked in, in a bad mood and never showed any warmth or interest in my case. In 58 years I have never seen a worse doctor.

Waste of money

Terrible bedside manner, no time spent with patient (3 min tops), wasn't interested in patient history, perfunctory examination, inaccurate diagnosis (could be this or maybe that), no rehab instructions, no care instructions, nothing. The appearance of the office should have been a tip-off - stained carpets and all. Staff was friendly, though.

Worst visit ever

I have never had a more negative interaction with an MD. He spent 5 minutes with me, charged me for a 30 minute visit and gave me absolutely no useful information. I was so floored with how uninformative he was that I could hardly speak. Do not waste your time or money with this MD.

Extremely arrogant.He offered to give me a cortisone injection and since I was not in pain, I asked what that would do. His answer was "maybe nothing"

Worst Experience

I had surgery on my ACL, Meniscus, and MCL all done by Dr. Drinker. I am an athlete who plays basketball all year around. I was planning to play college basketball and right before my freshman year I tore all these things in my knee. I was seen by Dr.Drinker and was told I would have to get surgurey if I wanted to play ball again. I wasn't too thrilled about this, but figured if I wanted to be on the court soon, I mine as well get it over with. Dr. Drinker also said that if i were to get the surgery then, I would be playing ball in about 6 months. Which was reassuring. Big Mistake. After the procedure, He informed my mother that I had some damaged cartilage and would have to get another Surgery to fix it. That was the last time I heard from him. Two weeks after my surgery I went in to get my staples removed, but Dr, Drinker was no where to be found. My mom and I were worried about the cartilage issue and asked the doctor who was seeing us what he thought about this issue. He said it was in the report, and that I would infact need another surgery, and then proceeded to tell me I would never play basketball again. This was right after I had gotten the surgery that Dr Drinker recommened I get so I could play ball sooner. I walked out of the office in tears, and going to college thinking my basketball career was over before it had started. Dr. Drinker told my mom he would follow up with some docotrs in boston regarding my post op treatment and the second surgery, but never did. He said he would cordinate my PT with the doctors in boston so that I would be doing PT right after my surgery. I got to boston, and was all moved in, and had no PT at all. This set me back about a month. I recently just began PT, and am very behind. I have tried to contact Dr. Drinker to set up a follow appointment, but his office will not help me try to find a time that works for both of us. I get attitude from each receptionist, and am put on hold constanly. I just want one follow up appointment, and then I will go on my way. Isnt the docotor who did the surgery suppossed to follow up with their patient? It is already hard enough for me to find a time to come to Northampton from Boston with out missing any school. It has been 3 months since I have had surgery, and I am not doing PT with his help, and he has not seen me once. Or tried to check up on my status. The last thing i heard from his staff was that I would never play basketball again. His office staff is horrible and rude, and do not try to work with the patients needs. I am a 19 year old person who is just trying to play the sport they love. If you are considering getting surgery by doctor drinker, I would consider it before going through with it. He does not follow up with the patient, he simply goes on vacation after he does surgery. ( which is exactly what he did) He may fit you well and you may be satisfied with his perfromance, but I just wanted to get my story out there and let people know what you may be in for. Every time I call his office, I walk away very frustrated, and after getting a serious surgery like this, that is not what you want.

Dr. Henry Drinker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Northampton, MA.

Dr. Henry Drinker Is this you?