Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Henry Edwards
Dr. Henry Edwards, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Van Buren, AR. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Edwards is affiliated with Sparks Regional Medical Center, Sparks Reg Med Ctr, Fort Smith, Ar and Summit Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Henry Edwards has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Henry Edwards has the following 1 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Henry Edwards has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Henry Edwards is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I have known Dr Henry since 1988 and have been his patient and his co-worker when taking care of his patients in the hospital or long-term care facility. He has one of the best loving, caring hearts ever seen in a physician. You are a person and not a number with him. He is the only doctor I know that gave patients his home number to call and not the answering service number! That is how much he cares about his patients and people in general.
I feel Dr. Henry Edwards is extremely rude and very unprofessional!!! I know why he has no reviews because he has no patients.This was my first and only visit I will never be in this clinic again.I would not even begin to tell what was said to me on here publically and not so sure I won't proscute him for his behavior....
Dr. Edwards is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sparks Regional Medical Center
Sparks Reg Med Ctr, Fort Smith, Ar
Summit Medical Center
37 Years Experience
University of Kansas
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2010 Chestnut St, Van Buren, AR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Henry Edwards in this video.
Dr. Henry Edwards is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Van Buren, AR.