Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Henry Jurasek
Dr. Henry Jurasek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Riverview, MI, with another office in Taylor, MI. He has 12 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Jurasek is affiliated with Oakwood Southshore Medical Center, Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital and Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Henry Jurasek has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Henry Jurasek has the following 4 expertise
- Adolescent Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
- Women's Health
Dr. Henry Jurasek has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Henry Jurasek is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Have been seeing Dr. Jurasek for at least 15 years, but now i think it is time to find someone else He is Very Rushed and in a hurry to get out of the room spends less than 5 min with you , can never get in to see him when you need to because the staff does not know how to do their jobs they overbook him so when you need to see him you cant and get stuck with a N.P. . Also the staff is NOT pleasant!!!
Got misdiagnosed twice from Dr. Jurasek. I think the longest appointment I had with him was maybe 10 minutes. Always rushes you out of the room. His assistants are rude and always try to cop an attitude and I'm the type of person who treats people with common courtesy and respect even if they are rude with me. I just suspect they are having a bad day or dislike their job. Labs that do the bloodwork say that usually you will get results in a week, but with his staff you will be lucky to get them within 3 weeks regardless if they are abnormal. I have switched primary care doctors due to Dr. Juraseks lack of willingness to help patients and just saying "theirs nothing I can do for you" when another doctor is contradicting him due to my bloodwork and mri results. When you have that doctors coat on, you have a purpose and commitment to help those in need, but when you take that coat off, you come to the realization that you are just like any other person with feelings for others that are sick or injured.
Dr. Jurasek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Oakwood Southshore Medical Center
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
Oakwood Southshore MC
12 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Oakwood Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Henry Jurasek accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Henry Jurasek in this video.
Dr. Henry Jurasek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverview, MI.