Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Henry B Kaplan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Kaplan's practice does not care about patients. Most of the time, you have to wait days for a callback if you receive one at all. My son saw Dr Kaplan for years and then we were advised to see his nurse practitioner because it would be "easier" to get an appointment. The revolving door of nurse practitioners started until the last one quit. When I asked to see Dr Kaplan again we were told he wasn't accepting new patients and to go elsewhere?? Only after I had several unreturned voicemails. By the time I forced someone to talk to me, he was out of medication and they refused to help or see him. Terrible patient treatment to turn away a child. I would not recommend anyone go to Midwest Behavioral Health. Instead, find a Dr who cares about their patients.
Osteopathic Medical Center Of Texas
Dr. Henry B Kaplan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Henry B Kaplan in this video.
Dr. Henry B Kaplan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Evansville, IN.