Dr. Henry Kaplan Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Henry Kaplan?

Posted on October 3rd, 2017

Dr Kaplan's practice does not care about patients. Most of the time, you have to wait days for a callback if you receive one at all. My son saw Dr Kaplan for years and then we were advised to see his nurse practitioner because it would be "easier" to get an appointment. The revolving door of nurse practitioners started until the last one quit. When I asked to see Dr Kaplan again we were told he wasn't accepting new patients and to go elsewhere?? Only after I had several unreturned voicemails. By the time I forced someone to talk to me, he was out of medication and they refused to help or see him. Terrible patient treatment to turn away a child. I would not recommend anyone go to Midwest Behavioral Health. Instead, find a Dr who cares about their patients.

Wonderful and compassionate doctor!

Posted on February 3rd, 2017

Posted on October 20th, 2015

very old and very passive

Posted on September 15th, 2015

Whatever kind of doctor He is too old and too slow He just burnt out

Ruined my childhood

Posted on February 16th, 2015

Wonderful

Posted on December 9th, 2011

EXCELLENT. I have seen him for nearly 15 years. He is always available and never tries to overmedicate. I highly recommend him.

This man is a sell out.

Posted on June 21st, 2011

I was a patient of Dr. Kaplan for nearly 8 years. For the first few months, he had been helpful to my case and was interested in actually helping me. However, after about a year of trial and error, he started prescribing me medications that would worsen my behavior. Every time I would be put on a new drug, it would work for a while (placebo effect) and then make me worse off than before, then repeat the cycle. It took me about three years to catch on to his game. I started noticing representatives from various pharma companies (Shire, Pfizer, Lilly, etc.) come in and talk to him. It would cut into my appointment times and he would end up rushing through our appointment to make up for it. Little did I realize that he was receiving kickbacks from these companies in return for giving other kids medicine that their companies made. It eventually got to the point where he would sit there with his prescription pad and say "Okay, we've tried all of these, what's next on the list?" After misdiagnosing me with Bipolar disorder, he had put me on Zoloft (which caused me to end up at a suicide rehab center once) and Prozac two years later (thus two more trips to rehab) before realizing that I was susceptable to the "black box" warning for them. I finally said enough and discontinued making appointments with him. I've been off medications ever since, and not a single problem has shown up. For a psychiatrist, you'd think he would've spotted the fact that there was nothing wrong with me to begin with.

Posted on December 5th, 2017