Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Henry Lao
Dr. Henry Lao, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lao is affiliated with Interfaith Medical Center - Brooklyn Jewish Division, Brooklyn Hospital Center - Caledonian Campus and St John's Episcopal Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Henry Lao has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Henry Lao has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Lao is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Interfaith Medical Center - Brooklyn Jewish Division
Brooklyn Hospital Center - Caledonian Campus
St John's Episcopal Hospital
Interfaith Medical Center
Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
Inter Faith Med Ctr
Downtown & Cal
Interfaith Med Ctr -Brooklyn J, Brooklyn, Ny
Interfaith Medical CenterJewish Hosp Med Ctr Of Brooklyn Div
44 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1969
Interfaith Medical Center
Dr. Henry Lao accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
Locations & Directions1204 Ditmas Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Henry Lao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.