Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Henry A Okonneh
Dr. Henry A Okonneh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC, with another office in Rock Hill, SC. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Okonneh is affiliated with Novant Health Matthews Medical Center, Carolinas Medical Center and Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Henry A Okonneh has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
Showing 5 of 15
I SUFFER FROM A NUMBER OF INJURIES AND PROGRESSIVE DISORDERS THAT CAUSE SEVERE AND UNREMITTING PAIN. HIS RESPONSE WAS "I DO NOT OFFER DRUGS FOR PAN. I AM AN ANESTHESIOLOGIST. I PUT PEOPLE TO SLEEP" I WAS TOLD TO WALK 30 MINUTES EVERY DAY. HIS ATTITUDE WAS ARROGANT, COARSE AND RUDE. HIS LICENSE SHOULD BE REVOKED.
The truth about Dr Henry Okonneh is that he is totally disrespectful and is a terrible listener.He has anger issues. He does a very poor job of communicating with other physicians when it comes to coordinating care for his patients. I have been going there for a little more than 3 years and I am always there for atleast an hour or an hour and a half.it is because he triple books his patients.I would sincerely urge anyone thinking of using this doctor to erase the thought and look for someone else.He does not care about you and will talk to you like a dog.He has 100 percent God complex. If you choose to visit this doctor at Charlotte Pain Associates I truly wish you the best of luck because you will for sure need it.ppl
Dr Okonneh is very thourough and considerate of your time I have gone to him for over a year now and have never waited more than 15 minutes past my appointment . He is a blessing to the medical field he speaks with you about your medical issues and also about your life in general he wants to know about you and truly cares about your well being. He has a top notch staff that coordinates your appointments and does follow up and to have so many people running the day to day medical facility operations that all work well together is a blessing. We need more medical professionals like that of Dr Okonneh' s office.
He was 1 hour late coming in to the office. there were 10 people in front of me. When I asked what was taking so long I was to I can reschedule if this isn't good for me. When I finally saw him he was quick and didn't do anything. All he wanted is for me to get a shot and if I don't want it I can find some else to go to.
Dr. Okonneh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Lagos
Graduated in 1984
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Henry A Okonneh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Henry A Okonneh in this video.
Dr. Henry A Okonneh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.