Dr. Henry Parkman Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Henry Parkman?

Uncompassionate

Posted on June 18th, 2017

I just left Dr. Parkman a few months ago. He has no bedside manner and didn't remember me from one visit to the next and I saw him every three months. I needed my gastric pacemaker battery changed Feb 1, 2016 and by the time his staff got around to getting it approved with my insurance and getting me scheduled for surgery it was May 18th and my battery had already died. All the while I kept calling his office complaining of pain, vomiting, nausea and the inability to eat. I lost 35 pounds from Feb 1st to May 18th because I couldn't eat, he could have cared less. He's not compassionate about the patient's condition or the fact that you can't eat and are in a great deal of pain. He's very, very conservative when it comes to the pacemaker settings and continually wants to set them at the lowest level. I've had my pacemaker for over 10 years and I need my settings pretty high for the pacemaker to be effective. He does what he thinks should be done regardless of your symptoms and doesn't really listen to you at all. You also have to wait weeks to months to get in to see him, even in an emergency.

Posted on February 20th, 2017

If a Dr has a 2.8 review an still practicing something is wrong !!!!! He did a endoscopy on me without anesthesia, I was held down an slapped by his staff. Afterwards I was giving the wrong medication I told them not to give me because I broke out an when asked for Benadryl the left me there , I remember going to the E.R afterwards to see if my rectum was bleeding bec he jammed up my rear end , yelled at me an slapped me an he is allowed to do these things. He rarely spent anytime in an out with me an I went elsewhere only to be diagnosed wit hpylori infection !!! Which is a contributing factor to my diagnosis. He called me an addict in which I was recovering from Brain surgery an other injuries an he made my life a nightmare by his inhumane care or lack of concern. Never apologized an because I didn't have a tear they said I couldn't sue him . Excuse but haven't I been thru enough. I'm glad my neurosurgeon decided to put to sleep during brain surgery!!!

Realy listens to your conerns leaves no rock unturned he is the best of the best.

Posted on January 20th, 2017

Really liked how he took the time to listen to my concerns didn't beat around the bush Witch I really liked cause all my other Drs acted clueless.

101danes.com

Posted on November 1st, 2016

Excellent doctor, top in his field. Went from suffering through life daily to being able to go out and do a lot of things i used to do. Travel from Virginia to Philly to see him, best choice i ever made. All others not even close to his knowledge and expertise.

The Absent Minded Professor

Posted on June 16th, 2016

This guy (wouldn't even call him a doctor) is from out of space! He always is saying give me your symptoms but don't give me too many. He never reads any reports that you send him or any other reports that any of your other doctors send him. He doesn't like questions asked. He is too busy typing on his computer and doesn't like to look at you or doesn't like to listen to you. I went to him - had some tests done - I am worse now then before I started seeing him. He doesn't remember much. I had to supply all of my paperwork to him, which he already had and didn't bother to look at it. And if you ask him more than he can handle, he says if you want me to treat you - no more questions. What kind of quack is this? I've been to several GI doctors - and he is the worse. I was recommended by another GI doctor to go to him (some GI doctors don't know him at all). Wait until I go back to my GI doctor and let him know what kind of quack this guy is.

Posted on January 23rd, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Parkman for over two years now. I have know real complaint. I don't understand why there is such a fuss about him. I have the Gastric stimulator from him. I also have the J tube and G tube. Together the three have helped my Gastroparesis issues not cured but have helped it very much I would be at a loss with out him. Remember there is no cure for it.

not interested

Posted on January 28th, 2014

He is an academic, but is so caught up in it, he doesn't have the time or interest to treat you.

Horrific Physician

Posted on December 25th, 2013

This Doctor is arrogant and condescending. Doesn't respond to phone calls or emails. Doesn't answer questions or have a conversation. Won't even call back my pharmacy when they questioned medication. You have to schedule your own procedures and follow up appointments with Dr. Staff refuses to coordinate, says it's too much work. He is rude and unprofessional. Takes weeks to get prescriptions for treatment. He absolutely disgusts me . Why is he a Dr if he has utter disdain for his patients?

Dr Parkman is caring and excellent

Posted on July 10th, 2012

Doctors are not God and they cannot cure all illnesses. The reason tests are run , even when they were run at other institutions, is to diagnose whatever problems have been brought to Dr. Parkman. Dr. Parkman's aim is to find a correct diagnosis, and put together a workable solution for the patient.I have found that in meeting with Dr. Parkman, he will discuss test results and next steps as well. The greatest thing about Dr. Parkman is his great knowledge about rare diseases, one of the reasons people come to Temple from all over the country, bringing their gastrointestinal problems to his attention in the hope that he can find some solution for them.Temple University is a teaching hospital. The benefit of such a place is that the students are being presented with the most cutting edge knowledge in the field. Thus, a student often comes into the room to speak with the patient. Far from being a problem, this is a benefit, as this offers an opportunity for another mind to be brought to the patient's problem. In all cases, all members of the faculty have the patient's file with test rests,.But in many cases, Dr. Parkman's diagnosis requires hand in hand cooperation on the part of the patient. There are many diagnoses in which dietary issues must be observed for our lives to be improved - this is no matter how unhappy we may be with a diagnosis like gasroporesis or celiac disease, both having no cures. But we come to Dr. Parkman to get the correct diagnosis and find the correct next step to live our lives without continuing to suffer.In sum, it was a superior experience. I know it was good and I know the difference.

Worst ever!

Posted on September 7th, 2011

During one visit he kept interrupting me to answer his cell phone. He recommended that I have another colonoscopy and EGD even though I had just had them done by another doctor less than 3 months ago. When I came in for the procedures, I had a fever and terrible abdominal pain but the procedures were done anyway. I was told it were going to be done under MAC anesthesia but it was done under conscious sedation so I was AWAKE and I REMEMBER everything. I cried so bad and I was so uncomfortable that they finally had to stop the colonoscopy. Who sticks a tube down someones throat and up their bum while their awake and aware of everything?? It was sadistic!Dr Parkman came to the recovery room afterwards and said I would need to come back for another colonoscopy because the procedure couldn't be completed - NO THANK YOU! I was sent home in worse pain and was never given anything for it. I was nauseous and I still had a fever. Over the next couple days I continued to get worse. I had to be admitted to the hospital with diverticulitis! I never went back to Dr Parkman.

Find yourself a different doctor

Posted on June 17th, 2011

If you're in the care of Temple's motility center chances are you need a specialist. I urge URGE you to find a different one. I was lucky enough to see Temple's Dr. Richter (Parkman's boss) first and form a relationship with him first before he chose to move me to Parkman due to their specialties. I can honestly say if it wasn't for that relationship I would have never gotten anywhere with this doctor. First he ordered blood work without a diagnosis code leading to an $800 bill. Then on the follow up visit they had to hunt down the results of the blood work from four weeks earlier which he had never looked at. Despite repeated calls to find out the results of a test he never got back to me. We also attempted to have him release the records to Mayo Clinic which he didn't do. It wasn't until we went about him to Richter that Parkman finally called. Even when he did, he needed me to "remind him of my symptoms" and "remind him what the new drugs he gave me were."If you're at this point, chances are you are suffering. Don't make yourself suffer further under the (lack of) care by Dr. Parkman.

Uncaring Doctor

Posted on May 9th, 2011

I had serious abdominal pain . He doesn't make it a priority to return patients calls , If it wasn't for Joan I don't know what I've of done . Post follow up visits are always 2 months regardless of the nature and seriousness of your issues ! I had to drive down to Temple ( an hour and a half drive) To the GI unit to be told Dr Parkman wasn't in ! . I walked in went down the hall all of the receptionists and nurses warning me ! found him at his desk! he was so surprised he jumped , I knew he'd be there!!! What unethical coward liars!