Henry Reichert Jr Is this you?

4 Ratings • 1 Comment

2.0

Neutral

I regret having had RK surgery every day since having it done.

Posted on August 2nd, 2010

I had RK surgery back in the 1990's. I've had difficulty with my night and even day vision ever since. During the daytime, my vision is fuzzy and I see some double images. At night, I see triple images of everything that I look at, am unable to even drive, and am reminded of the mistake of having had this procedure being done on me. I'm told that there's substantial scarring on my corneas and that my eyes are shaped like partially deflated basketballs. Even hard lenses do not restore my vision. My options appear to be few. Endure what this procedure has done to me, or try a cornea tranplant which is risky, expensive and not permanent. And to think, I was told that I was an ideal candidate for RK, go figure. I was told that my RK surgery would be life changing. Well, they were right about that, sadly it wasn't in a good way.

Posted on February 20th, 2015