Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Henry M Spotnitz
Dr. Henry M Spotnitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 52 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), Surgery and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Spotnitz is affiliated with Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Henry M Spotnitz has the following 3 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Diabetes Complications
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Varicose Veins
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Vascular Malformations
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Heart Failure
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Beating Heart)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Spotnitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
52 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1966
New York University
Dr. Henry M Spotnitz accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNyp Columbia University Medical Center, 622 W 168th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Henry M Spotnitz in this video.
Dr. Henry M Spotnitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.