Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Herbert T Ang
Dr. Herbert T Ang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, MA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ang is affiliated with Brigham And Womens Faulkner Hospital and Lahey Hospital & Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Herbert T Ang has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Patient Care
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Preventive Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 9
I've been having chronic pain and reoccurring fevers for upwards of 5 years. I have seen countless doctors and specialists and have never received a diagnosis or any validation that my pain and fevers are real. Dr. Ang was incredibly thorough during our appointment and listened carefully to my long list of symptoms and issues. He answered all of my questions and was extremely helpful. He was the first doctor to say that something was definitively wrong and that he was going to help me. After only 2 visits I have begun a treatment plan that is helping me deal with my pain and fevers. I am unspeakably relieved after visiting Dr. Ang's office. And to think it took 5+ years to figure out something that took this doctor 2 visits. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
Dr. Ang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1984
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Herbert T Ang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLahey Arlington, 37 Broadway, Arlington, MA
Dr. Herbert T Ang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, MA.