Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Herbert Bevan III
Dr. Herbert Bevan III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norfolk, VA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Hematology and Oncology and Pediatrics. Dr. Bevan is affiliated with Sentara Leigh Hospital, Chesapeake Regional Medical Center and Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters. He speaks English.
Dr. Herbert Bevan III has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Stomach Flu (Gastroenteritis)
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Bevan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sentara Leigh Hospital
Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters
Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
Sentara Careplex Hospital
Children's Hosp. Kings Daughtrs
Sentara Obici Hospital
Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Bon Secours Depaul Medical Center
Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
Southampton Memorial Hospital
Sentara Bayside Hospital
Riverside Regional Medical Center
33 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Herbert Bevan III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChildren's Hospital of The King's Daughters, 601 Childrens Ln, Norfolk, VA
Dr. Herbert Bevan III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.