Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Herbert C Hodes has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I had a pleasant experience with dr Hodes and his assistant nurse patti. They performed my abortion I was at 7 weeks and I was immediately put at ease. Patti held my hand throughout the whole procedure. Dr Hodes will seem off putting but trust me you are with the best and most capable in Kansas City.
Do yourself a favor and don't visit this Doctor if you are pregnant. He told me on many occasions that I should prepare for a c-section, even though I was having a healthy pregnancy. Constantly telling me "You do realize you have a one in three chance of having a c-section. Ultimately, I know what's best for you and your baby"Then he had the audacity to ask me"So you aren't going to be one of those mothers who breastfeed their child in public are you? There's a time and a place for everything. That's disturbing"Then when I brought in my birth plan and talked about my doula he said""Birth plans are fine and all but I'm going to do what I think is best for you. And could you please bring in your Doula to your next appointment? She needs to know her place and our guidelines"I fired him on the spot and found a wonderful Midwife who helped me achieve my natural birth. There isn't a doubt in my mind had I stayed with Dr. Hodes, unnecessary interventions would have occurred, resulting in a c-section. What a horrible, horrible doctor.
49 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. Herbert C Hodes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Womens Health, 4840 College Blvd, Leawood, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Herbert C Hodes in this video.
Dr. Herbert C Hodes is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Leawood, KS.