Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Herbert Kaufman
Dr. Herbert Kaufman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Orleans, LA, with another office in New Orleans, LA. He has 57 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Kaufman is affiliated with Kenner Regional Medical Center, Ochsner Baptist Medical Center and University HospMed Ctr Of La, New Orleans, La. He speaks English.
Dr. Herbert Kaufman has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Cataract Surgery
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Transplantation
- Corneal Ulcer
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Injuries
- Fungal eye infections
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Mycoses (Fungi)
- Radial Keratotomy (Refractive Surgical Procedure for Myopia)
- Refractive Errors
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Kaufman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kenner Regional Medical Center
Ochsner Baptist Medical Center
University HospMed Ctr Of La, New Orleans, La
57 Years Experience
Graduated in 1956
Dr. Herbert Kaufman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Herbert Kaufman in this video.
Dr. Herbert Kaufman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.