Dr. Herbert Percival Is this you?

Best of the best

Posted on April 26th, 2016

Thank you for performing surgery on our son, and making it possible for him to now play baseball again at the high school level. We love you Dr. P!

Posted on February 8th, 2016

He and his staff are amazing! He rebuilt my ankle 25 years ago with 10 screws a pin and a plate. He removed them after 2 years. I am 55 years old now and the ankle he rebuilt is in better shape than my other one. I took all my kids to see him when needed and would still drive 2 hours to see him now if I needed to! HE IS THE BEST!!

Great surgeon.

Posted on October 16th, 2015

The best orthopedic surgeon you can ask for

Posted on October 2nd, 2014

Dr. Percival is abrupt and he does use profanity occasionally. His bedside manner is a little bit to be desired. Hey staff isn't always up to par. But, if you want the best orthopedic surgeon in the area, this is your doctor. He is a full bird colonel and did three tours in the Middle East. he interned at USC. He operates on you with the quality of work like he was operating on himself. he takes his time. nobody's gonna push him around. if it takes 30 minutes or five hours, that's how much it's gonna take. he will take as long as he needs and won't be rushed. he's really focused on doing the best possible job in surgery. If you want a lot of fluff talk in a fancy office or you want great bedside manner then go someplace else. This guy has seen some of the most catastrophic injuries of war. I can't recommend him enough. Other doctors will tell you the same.

Posted on November 20th, 2013

I don't care about fluff. I just want a doc who knows his stuff and Dr Percival does! He may seem abrupt but he just likes to get to the point. In contrast, the office staff is terrible. Gina doesn't return calls and ignores things she just doesn't want to deal with. The rest of the staff seems always 'bothered' by patients and talk rudely to patients to their face and behind their back. There are plenty of assistants who could really elevate this practice. They need to get rid of Gina to start!

Very Satisfied

Posted on September 10th, 2013

I read many reviews about Dr. Percival prior to my first visit. I went in expecting the worst. That did not happen. I won't go into my medical problem and will stay with the observations that could assist in this review. I got along quite well with Dr. Percival. For some reason, we seem to have 'Hit it off.' Do I find him somewhat different than my other doctors? Yes. Do I care? No. He examined me (never touched my body) and had X-rays taken. X-rays did not reveal enough information and he sent me for an MRI. With those results he gave me options, one of which was arthroscopic surgery which he didn't recommend at this time. I'm receiving physical therapy and he will then evaluate me and determine the next course of action. I have complete confidence in his ability and knowledge as a doctor. I had limited contact with his front office people and will therefore defer from comments. I fully understand the frustrations of those who have written negatively, however, all I can say is Dr. Percival is my choice for my current situation and I believe I have made the right choice.

Great doctor!

Posted on August 22nd, 2013

my son had to see him many times after a broken arm. i was impressed with all of his knowledge and experience. it showed in the quality of the care. he explained everything he was doing and why. he answered all my questions so there was complete understanding. he was wonderful!

Hospital Referal, Broken foot

Posted on May 15th, 2013

I was completely at ease with Dr. Percival, and he explained everything thoroughly. I never had a problem with the staff, and I had to return 3 times after the initial consultation for normal follow-up care. He managed my pain level with the proper medications, and always had time to talk to me and answer my questions.

I ACCIDENTALLY CALLED HIM "PASTOR"

Posted on August 4th, 2012

His diagnosis was different than the Emergency Room's and less frightening and (proven by his care and how it healed)more accurate!Although he was quite professional, his "bedside manner" in the office was so caring that I accidentaly called him "Pastor" instead of "Doctor". (Same has only happened twice in my lifetime!)

Decent Doctor, TERRIBLE office, DO NOT RECOMMEND

Posted on April 6th, 2012

I've gone to Dr.Percival for over 10 years and after I am fixed this time I will NEVER return. Dr. Percival is not as good as he used to be and t ...

terrible, do npt go

Posted on March 25th, 2012

I've gone here to Dr.Percival for over 10 years and after I am fixed this time I will NEVER return. Dr. Percival is good, but the office staff is so horrible I can't take it anymore. Anita at the window acts like you are annoying her when you ask if it is going to be much longer until your appointment time, which you have waited patiently for almost 55 minutes PAST your original appointment time. His nurse or assistant, Gina, takes as long as she wants to call you back no matter how urgent the issue or how much pain you are in. And once you DO finally get her to call you back (I actually had to have her paged and wait because I called at 9:30AM and again at 2:30PM with still no response by 4:15 PM) she acts like you are a crazy heroin addict if you wanted your surgeon to refill your prescription for percoset! I am SERIOUSLY injured with the MRIs and everything. My regular doctor sent me to Percival and I was treated like a criminal for asking for Percival to give me refill on the pain medication for my severe injury that had already been filled originally by my main doc. When they FINALLY did give me the refill she said in the NASTIEST tone, "THIS is the last prescription he is goin tow rite for you." IT WAS THE FIRST ONE HE HAD WRITTEN FOR ME!!! It's not like I have ever abused drugs or the system or ANYTHING. I'm injured and they treated me like a total felon for some reason. I will NEVER be going back to see Dr.Percival or anyone in his office again and I would NEVER recommend them to someone.

NOT GOOD!

Posted on November 4th, 2011

My husband broke his collar bone. The doctor is good and knows it. I perceived him to have a "god complex". He talked to us as if we had extensive medial terminology and seemed to feel slighted when asked to talk in laymens terms. He tends to use vulgar language alot. As for his medical assistant - she is the absolute worst! There is no follow up, no call back (don't even leave a message) NO CARE! We had to call and go to the office to get the information we needed - countless times. Out of complete frustration for the office we changed doctors!