Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Herbert P Walker Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 23
Have been a patient for over 20years, hard to believe anyone would not love Dr. Walker. He is the most thorough, compassionate, caring doctor I have ever met. His knowledge of family medicine and his relationship with other doctors must be admired -over the years every referral to a specialist could only describe as a perfect fit. Dr. Walker will always spend time answering any questions and is genuinely interested in you as a person as well as your health. .
My entire family has been to Dr. Walker. The men in my family liked him at first. The women never did, mostly because he only listens to anything you say if you have a Y chromosome. Even then it's iffy. I went personally to him years ago and my experience was unpleasant, I personally have not been back but my immediate family continued to go to Dr. Walker. My family does not go to the doctor except for yearly check-ups or if something is WRONG. We can't afford to go for small things. However, at Dr. Walkers office, even if you are legitimately sick, it's money wasted, bc you will probably not get a full patient assessment unless you point blank ask for one, and you will probably be treated like you are stupid, especially if you are female. Most recently, a male member of my family went in to Dr. Walker, gave him his symptoms (extreme fatigue, fever, etc.). Dr walker did not take his temperature, do a chest exam with a stethoscope, or anything of that nature, all the doctor did was test a urine sample and sent him home with instructions to "drink more water." Two weeks later, after a continuation of fever and extreme fatigue, we found out that my family member has PNEUMONIA. This was the last straw. I would not recommend anyone go to Dr. Walker. Unless you want to stay sick and waste your money.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2016, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Medical Center East
Dr. Herbert P Walker Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHerbert Peyron Walker Jr Md, 3140 Cahaba Heights Rd, Vestavia, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Herbert P Walker Jr in this video.
Dr. Herbert P Walker Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vestavia, AL.