Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Herbon E Fleming
Dr. Herbon E Fleming, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Burlington, NC, with another office in Burlington, NC. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Fleming is affiliated with Alamance Regional Medical Center. Dr. Fleming has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Herbon E Fleming has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Herbon E Fleming has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Herbon E Fleming has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Fleming was treating my elderly mother for extreme shortness of breath. At her last checkup she showed him her hot, red, swollen, painful ankle. He asked her who she was going to see for that, and told her that he didn't treat ankles! Thank God a relative with a medical background was attending this appointment with my mother, and advocated for her leg to be checked for blood clots. Later that evening test results showed that my mother had a tremendous blood clot running down the back of her leg from her knee to her ankle, and multiple pulmonary embolisms in both lungs!
He bounces in and out, Never reviews test, never listens to your questions or even has time too. I think he cares, but is on his on planet. He has never explained my diagnosis. I go in with so many questions, but never get a chance to ask them. I really think he must have ADHD because he flys in and out says take this and walks out. The nurse brings in discharge form and your gone!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Fleming is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Herbon E Fleming accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Herbon E Fleming is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burlington, NC.