Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Herman A Damek Jr
Dr. Herman A Damek Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lafayette, CO. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Damek is affiliated with Avista Adventist Hospital, St Anthony North Hospital and Lutheran Medical Center. Dr. Damek has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Herman A Damek Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 12
I could not be in the room with this despicable biped more than several moments, he was entirely uncaring, rude and worse seemed to take pleasure in the misery of others. I did not make it very long before I told him making an appointment with him was a big mistake, he is a reptile. I walked out on the SOB.
Damek overlooked symptoms of a pulmonary embolism, and I ended up risking my life in an emergency room and intensive care unit far from home. He enjoys talking (in generalities) but listens reluctantly and with evident skepticism. When he heard about my medical condition and hospital stay, he called it a "speed bump." Choose him for very minor procedures; avoid him for anything serious. Better yet--find a better doctor.
I would not recommend this doctor or this office. The reception staff was extremely rude and as I am finding out in trying to receive my medical records incompetent. Dr. Damek did NOT take any time to review my medical history and told me he refused to treat me unless I took a medication that 4 of my doctors past and present have decided that it will cause harm to the extend of causing me my life. He also sat there and told me my doctor who had retired kept horrible records and was loose with his scripts. Herman Damek shouldn't be practicing medicine, he's going to hurt someone.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Damek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 2001
University Of Missouri Health System
Dr. Herman A Damek Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Medical Associates, 1000 W South Boulder Rd Ste 110, Lafayette, CO
Dr. Herman A Damek Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lafayette, CO.