Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Herman Heck Jr
Dr. Herman Heck Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Orleans, LA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Heck is affiliated with Ochsner Medical Center West Bank, Ochsner Baptist Medical Center and Touro Infirmary. He speaks English.
Dr. Herman Heck Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
Dr. Herman Heck Jr has the following 12 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Herman Heck Jr has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Herman Heck Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Heck is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ochsner Medical Center West Bank
Ochsner Baptist Medical Center
Kenner Regional Medical Center
Ochsner MC Westbank
45 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1972
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsTULANE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, 1542 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA
Dr. Herman Heck Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.