Dr. Herman C Heikkenen Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Herman C Heikkenen?

Rude and unprofessional

I had my 2nd visit with him after relocating from Anchorage, Alaska. On first visit he ordered many tests which seemed like a good idea but on 2nd visit he referred me to 2 other doctors and was very rude and argumentative when I tried to ask question on why he was doing this. He became loud and told me he was dismissing me as a patient. I would never recommend him to anyone.

Rude and Unprofessional

I was a new patient. The doctor dictated my information into a dictaphone or computer, and used a booming voice. Anyone in the waiting room, or on the bench outside his window could have heard every little thing about my health history. He was very unkempt. He looked like the janitor; wearing a T-shirt and work pants. He said he wanted to send me to a "woman" to take care of my gyn needs -- not a "gynecologist." When I told him I wanted to keep a specialist I was already seeing, he stood up, tore up my patient form and told me he didn't want me as a patient because he preferred to "keep it within the family" which I guess meant that he wanted to refer me to his specialists only. He then stomped out of the room.

I have had enough of his unprofessional behavior and attitude. His condescending attitude, his phony computer transcriptions, his fits of anger, and his complete disregard for his patients garners him no respect and no credibility. Judging from his reviews many others feel the same way.

You are a number

One diagnosis treats all. Doesn't look at the total picture or ask obvious questions. Jumps to conclusions. In a hurry. Traffic director. Refers you to multiple doctors even if not warranted. Very old fashion and by the book. Doesn't think outside the box. His staff is good.

Very thorough. Very compassionate.

GREAT TO THE POINT

IF YOU WANT A DR TO THE POINT HE IS IT

Avoid. Turn Back. Don't see this doctor.

Horrible. I was interviewed even to be considered as a new patient. They said they would get back to me in a few days. I hear nothing. I call back 15 days later. They can't find my paperwork. Ten minutes later they find it, and say I was turned down as a new patient. These people are morons. Don't use this doctor.

Best Diagnostician

Saved my life. Didn't want a chest x-ray, but guess what? He found that I had a enlarged heart. After following all treatment, heart has returned to normal. Go to a doctor that knows a lot, knows what to tell you....then do it. You chose a phyician to heal you, not for you to tell him. Very HIGHLY recommended. Those comments from negative people are not to be believed. I trust in him and will follow his instructions and recommendations. ALWAYS.

Fine practitioner

I am a relatively new patient of Dr Heikkenen and am somewhat astounded at his reviews. His office staff has always been courteous to me, my appointment time has been kept as promptly as a general practitioner can be and I have been treated always with great respect. Yes he did order several test of which I am gratefully. Because of his alertness a serious condition was found, he arranged for two specialist and followed me through the system. I have now gone through three hours of surgery that were definitely life threatening. He will remain my physician and I recommend him very highly.

Refuse of service

Dr. Heikkenen is paternalistic and condescending. He made two referrals for specialists for me without consulting me and then became angry when I informed him that I would not be keeping the appointments, He also asked leading questions regarding my health and then ordered labs and tests that I believe were not needed.

All in All A Good Doctor!

He is a very nice guy, I think he is a good doctor, just that he seem to rush you at times.