Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Herschel B Dean
Dr. Herschel B Dean, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenwell Springs, LA. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Dean is affiliated with Baton Rouge General Medical Center and Our Lady Of The Lake Regional Medical Center. Dr. Dean has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Herschel B Dean has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Herschel B Dean has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Herschel B Dean has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 8
This was my childhood doctor and I loved him dearly. I have not seen him in years but I remember a wonderful doctor who always made me feel better. However I was an abused child, who frequently came in with cuts, bruises, whelps and one time with ant bites from being made to stand in an antbed. I know he knew I was abused and even stopped me from being struck one time, but he never tried to help me get out of the situation which only grew worse.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Dean is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1968
Baptist Health System
Dr. Herschel B Dean accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Point Family Health, 18901 Greenwell Springs Rd, Greenwell Springs, LA
Dr. Herschel B Dean is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenwell Springs, LA.