Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Heshani N Abeysekera has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I was beyond disappointed with this clinic and staff here although I absolutely love sutter roseville and had the best experiences with my obgyn labor and delivery. I had a horrible experience here and I am sure I am not the first to say that. Dr. Abey was fine and was nice but it was the mainly the staff (the receptionists at the front desk) who were beyond unkind, unprofessional, non courteous, very unhelpful and rude. I almost cried after making my first appointment with the clinic over the phone because the girl I had spoken with was very rude; I was also surprised that she did not confirm the appt time or location (which I would have confirmed myself if I could think on a clear mind 3 days after my first baby) so when I was driving to the appt the next day I did not even know where the clinic could be found. Moreover, when I tried to call to find out where exactly the office was, the line was busy the entire time (very untypical of sutter). Furthermore, once I got to the appt I was told that my baby's blood work results would be sent to them and the doctor will call me to tell me the results whether they were bad or good. I waited an entire day and finally called them (they said they'd call that day) and asked if they received it and again, the girl up front was like, "Oh yeah, we did. It's borderline." The blood work results were very important ones and could be cortical and she could not firstly, call me as I was told they would, and secondly, tell me it's "borderline?" Without anything further. It left me feeling on my own and I knew I had to switch clinics and doctors because the receptionist would be the ones I would call for anything I was in need of in the figure but they were so unhelpful and uncaring (mainly immature) that I knew I would never receive the help I might need in the future. This clinic should really consider hiring new staff if they would like to keep their patients.
The office is decent clean but the people working there are mostly unprofessional, rude and they don't care about you. Prepare to be on hold for at least 20 minutes before they get back to you if you are lucky. If you need a quick appointment, don't think it will happen. Find another office if possible.
My grand-daughter has been seeing this Dr. she is awful. She has terrible bed side manners and doesn't listen at all. She saw her 2 times for the same thing a rash that didn't go away and spread to my daughter and she prescribed the same dang medicine. When my daughter tried to get her to look at hers to show her it was spreading to other people she wouldn't even look up and acknowledge her. She is TERRIBLE. Finally after getting a new Dr. did we get a correct diagnosis and the correct medicine. What a BAD DR. Go anywhere but here she is just in it for the money!
She is amazing I love her. However the staff is horrible. the are one of the most unprofessional office staff i have ever met. The wait time is minium of 20 mins before tey answer the phone they put you on hold without waiting for a response. It takes them forever to do anything for you. I waited a month to get an authorization from them. After i had to follow up with them continuesly.
Dr. Abeysekera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Heshani N Abeysekera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Clinic Downtown, 6555 Coyle Ave Ste 310, Carmichael, CA
Dr. Heshani N Abeysekera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carmichael, CA.