Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hetal V Shah has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Smoking Cessation
- Preventive Medicine
- Stress Testing
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 22
If you are looking for compassion-skip this one. You are getting 10-12 minutes tops with her. On my last visit, she literally walked out of the room while I was mid sentence asking her a question regarding my chronic pain disorder. Of my 3 visits with her, two of them I left crying. Having to wait for an appointment for days and then having your doctor dismiss you is very disheartening. It doesn't matter how nice your waitroom staff is if the doctor is cold.
I really like Dr.Shaw. However, now that I have had an emergency I realize the practice she works for is terrible. This medical office does not provide continuity of care. I called in pain and was directed to an emergency room! This is inexcusable! I called my OB/GYN and was transfered immediately to a nurse who listened to my symptoms, spoke to my doctor, told me to come right in. In the 24 years I have gone to my OB/GYN he has NEVER sent me to an emergency room, (unless he escorted me himself). Dr. Shaw, do you know what is going on with your practice?
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014, 2016, 2013, 2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2016, 2008, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
St Joseph Hospital
Dr. Hetal V Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Hetal V Shah in this video.
Dr. Hetal V Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rolling Meadows, IL.