The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Hetty E Carraway has the following 1 specialty
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Precursor Cell Lymphoblastic Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic BCR-ABL Positive Myelogenous Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Carraway gave me the information and caring that I needed while my husband was going through treatment. I still get emotional thinking about her sitting down and holding his hand when discussing putting him on a ventalator. I asked all kinds of questions and they were answer every time. I don't think I could have gotten through this ordeal without her support. It was what I needed at such a difficult time. You have to wait for appointments at Johns Hopkins but she is well worth the wait.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Hetty E Carraway accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD
Hetty E Carraway is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.