Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hey-Jin J Kong has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hey-Jin J Kong has the following 12 expertise
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Loss
- Geriatric Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Women's Health
Showing 4 of 4
I visited Dr. Kong first thing on a Monday and all the staff at Premier Primary Care was great to work with and be around. Can't speak much for wait times as I was the first appointment of the morning. Dr. Kong was really wonderful - kind, patient, and thorough in talking to me about my health and concerns. I'm in my early 20's and it was my first true preventative care visit for nothing other than checking in on my health, and I could not have picked a better practice. Everyone was patient, effective, and helpful. In-house lab means I got my blood results, with comments, the next day. I'll be going back for everything!
Dr. Kong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Hey-Jin J Kong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPremier Primary Care Physicians, 200 N Glebe Rd Ste 300, Arlington, VA
Dr. Hey-Jin J Kong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.