Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Hieu T Ball
Dr. Hieu T Ball, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Ramon, CA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Ball is affiliated with San Ramon Regional Medical Center. Dr. Ball has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Hieu T Ball has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Hieu T Ball has the following 9 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fractures
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Back Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 42
After many complaints of pain following a multi level fusion he then fused a bulging disc in place!! I had to go to UC Davis after still being told nothing was wrong to finally find out what he did! Had to have another surgery to fix what he did to me!! He has a God complex!! Doesn't listen to you after surgery!!
had been in extreme pain from (lumbar spine ) had a 3 level fusion 11 yrs. earlier started getting leg drop was looking for a new M.D. mine stopped doing workers comp saw about 5 ...not impressed. DR. ball had x-ray taken he found I had broken a lumbar vertebrae and bent a screw the tip was right next to the spinal canal. it's not a stretch to say because of DR. Heiu Ball I'm walking.
Dr. Ball and his staff are some of the nicest people I have ever met...especially Shannon and the Lady who does the X-rays. Dr. Ball is one of the BEST Dr's I have ever had the pleasure in working with. He is a very nice person and really shows that he cares about his patients. When I had my neck surgery I felt very comfortable with him and his assistant. I would totally recommend him to anyone. I GIVE HIM A 10!
I went to Dr. Ball because my primary care doctor felt that he is the best spine specialist in the area. He has an excellent reputation nationally, and teaches other surgeons on special techniques of minimally invasive fusions. He also is the best choice for artificial disk replacement. My own doctor went to Dr. Ball for his operation and is back to work full time. He is very caring and has "excellent hands" according to all the doctors and physical therapists who know he is my doctor. My surgery was done a couple months ago, and I'm doing great. He has a great office staff, too.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ball is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Harvard Medical School
Dr. Hieu T Ball accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO