Dr. Hilary J Becker Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Hilary J Becker?

Not a fan of Dr. Becker or her bedside manner at all. Very rude and pushy, as are her staff members. the office is always overly busy and feels rushed.

No bedside manor

Dr Becker has no bedside manner. She's nasty & abrupt & does not pay attention when you talk to her. Use someone else in this practice

Left me feeling confused, frustrated, and insulted

Didn't take the time to ask me (the parent) questions about home remedies I'd already tried for my daughter's issue (constipation); basically assumed from the get-go that I hadn't tried laxatives, change in diet, etc. When I said I'd given her an oral laxative that was ineffective, her curt response was, "Well, then you just didn't give her enough of it," to which I responded, "I gave her the *maxiumum* dose ..." She treated me as if I were an uninformed, uneduated mother. Then she started questioning my 22-month-old using sentences she couldn't possibly understand nor respond to; I found myself trying to "translate" for my daughter into toddler-speak ("potty", etc.), incredulous that the doctor seemed to be expecting some kind of coherent, diagnostic response from a not-quite-2-year-old. It was bizarre.My mother disliked taking us to her 25 years ago for the same reason: Her bedside manner is poor and she treated my mother as if she were stupid.I am an educated, well-informed mother, and nothing cuts quicker to my core than being regarded as ignorant. I will do my best to avoid appointments with Dr. Becker in the future.

Mom of 3 boys

This practice is great...office is updated and modern..staff knows you by name and truely cares about the well being of my kids

Very Smart Doctor, but not a hand holder. Kind of Doctor you need when you child has lots of issues.