Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hilary N Hawkins has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
This was the first time I went to see Dr. Hawkins, I'm new to the area and needed a doctor for medication management. She was extremely rushed, invalidating and condescending. After speaking to me for all of 30 seconds she proceeded to lecture me about how the psychiatric medication I'm taking is a placebo and I could "work just fine with out it" and I just needed to use my "other coping skills." She many so many bold claims and judgements that weren't only rude but totally inaccurate that it makes me question her judgement as a physician. I appreciate her attempt to discuss a medication rather than just blindly prescribing it; I just wish she knew what she was talking about. I will say the other staff members in the office were top notch, they were so helpful and so warm. Needless to say, Dr. Hawkins could afford to brush up on her psychopharm and her interpersonal skills.
On my last visit for my annual physical, the wait time was less than 5 minutes in the waiting area. Receptionist and nurse staff were polite and courteous, professional as well. Dr. Hawkins was timely, took time to chat about me, and things in general. She has always been thorough with my exam and answered any questions I had. And followed up. Great bedside manner, very personable. All in all, I've always had a good experience with her and the facility.
I found that asking appropriate questions gained me the time I felt I needed with her. I didn't feel like she was rushing me out the door even when she was behind schedule. She still afforded me my allotted time and that included asking questions. I changed doctors from another at the practice due to bedside manner and have enjoyed the doctor/patient relationship with her immensely. She seems very caring and concerned about me and my health.
15 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Hilary N Hawkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPhysician Associates, 891 Outer Rd Ste A, Orlando, FL
Dr. Hilary N Hawkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.