Dr. Hilary Hawkins Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Hilary Hawkins?

Abraisive and uninformed

Posted on October 18th, 2017

This was the first time I went to see Dr. Hawkins, I'm new to the area and needed a doctor for medication management. She was extremely rushed, invalidating and condescending. After speaking to me for all of 30 seconds she proceeded to lecture me about how the psychiatric medication I'm taking is a placebo and I could "work just fine with out it" and I just needed to use my "other coping skills." She many so many bold claims and judgements that weren't only rude but totally inaccurate that it makes me question her judgement as a physician. I appreciate her attempt to discuss a medication rather than just blindly prescribing it; I just wish she knew what she was talking about. I will say the other staff members in the office were top notch, they were so helpful and so warm. Needless to say, Dr. Hawkins could afford to brush up on her psychopharm and her interpersonal skills.

Posted on October 10th, 2013

On my last visit for my annual physical, the wait time was less than 5 minutes in the waiting area. Receptionist and nurse staff were polite and courteous, professional as well. Dr. Hawkins was timely, took time to chat about me, and things in general. She has always been thorough with my exam and answered any questions I had. And followed up. Great bedside manner, very personable. All in all, I've always had a good experience with her and the facility.

Very good doctor

Posted on June 5th, 2012

I found that asking appropriate questions gained me the time I felt I needed with her. I didn't feel like she was rushing me out the door even when she was behind schedule. She still afforded me my allotted time and that included asking questions. I changed doctors from another at the practice due to bedside manner and have enjoyed the doctor/patient relationship with her immensely. She seems very caring and concerned about me and my health.

Poor communicator

Posted on April 26th, 2012

Great MD!

Posted on April 12th, 2011

this was my first time seeing dr Hawkins. After trying many different providers she was able to resolve a long outstanding medical issue for me. she was so thorough and spent a lot of time drilling into my issue. I will recommend her to all of my friends.

Excellent provider

Posted on April 12th, 2011

Dr. Hawkins has been taking care of me for years. She is an excellent clinicians with outstanding knowledge. She treats me with kindness and respect and is always willing to address all of my concerns

Great experience!

Posted on February 3rd, 2011

My fiance has been going to Dr. Hawkins for a while now. After she took a nasty fall last year, Dr. Hawkins took great care of her wounds and made useful suggestions to speed up the healing process. After my primary care physician moved, my fiance recommended Dr. Hawkins, and she's been great. She correctly diagnosed me with mono after I was misdiagnosed at Duke Urgent Care. It's usually easy to get an appointment, and she always answers whatever questions I might have.

Good experience so far

Posted on January 25th, 2011

I have been to Dr. Hawkins one time as has my husband. We both appreciate her direct manner - she's no-nonsense and cuts right to the chase. She listened to me and was caring during my annual physical. I was honestly surprised to see these other reviews of her because they don't match my experience. I liked her and will go back.

Rude and Way too fast

Posted on January 23rd, 2011

Patient of Dr. Hawkins for two years, I get the vibe I am disrupting her day by scheduling an appointment to talk about my blood pressure. She is always rushed, and my visit is usually under 5 minutes. She does not let me talk or explain anything. She is quick to change my medicine. I have decided to change providers (within the practice)

Posted on March 22nd, 2017